Oct 5, 2014

Vegas

Ben and I just got back Wednesday evening after spending four days together in vegas at a State Farm convention for his work.


When we got there, the airport was filled with State Farm banners, the cabs had their logo...it was State Farm week in Vegas!


I didn't really know what to expect before we left but I did know I would be able to sleep in, not have to cook our clean and actually have some alone time with Ben, so I was really looking forward to it.
Vegas has never been a place I've dreamed about visiting, but I am glad we saw and experienced it and had our fill. And I mean, what mother of three would turn down an all expenses paid vacation anywhere?





We stayed at the Paris hotel. It was really beautiful! We ate out, walked the strip, did a little gambling, talked, laid by the pool...






Instagram media by lesleylfloyd




Instagram media by lesleylfloyd - Finally...food πŸ™Œ πŸΊπŸ•

Another cool thing about the trip was getting to see Bon Jovi...He played just for state farm!



It was more than just a break for the two of us though. Ben has been going through this internship for months now. (I can't remember if I've blogged about his new job, but he will be opening up his own state farm office in January 2015) He's always telling me stuff about the company. He's home a week, gone a week, working in an office, working from home. I've tried to take in as much as I can but mostly just trusting him that this is a good opportunity and also trusting State Farm that my husband can run a business ;)

I decided to go to some of the business sessions while we were there and I was completely blown away and just in awe of this opportunity God has given Ben. It gave me confidence and even got me excited about what this could potentially mean for our family's future. Every person I met was so encouraging and genuinely seemed like they enjoy their business.





We always felt blessed at his previous job, but this feels different. It felt like a family, so many of the people are open about their faith, most of the wives seemed like great friends. Ben's sales leader has taken us to dinner and hugs me every time I see him. I took so much more from this trip than I expected...
Ben and I were able to reconnect and for the first time, really get on the same page in this new chapter in our lives.
I am so incredibly proud of Ben, so thankful for each door opened throughout this year and completely trusting that this is right where God wants us right now...


No comments:

Post a Comment