Sep 10, 2014

My First 5K

This past weekend, my best friend and I ran our very first 5k race..

I was pretty nervous since we had never run together, the obvious height difference which I thought could be an issue since she would have a longer stride..

Instagram media by lesleylfloyd - This is it. Don't get scared now

But on the day of the race, it worked out just fine. We kept a consistent pace that was comfortable for the both us and ended up being pretty compatible.
It just so happened to be one of the hottest days this whole summer. I would have liked to have done a little better because I have had better time than I did that day, but considering the heat and how nauseous I felt, I was just happy to have finished and not last! I don't know our official time but I think we finished at 36 minutes

Instagram media by lesleylfloyd - Woohoo we weren't last either 😜


This is honestly something I never saw myself doing but I'm in love with running. Something about completely wearing yourself out is the best form of relaxation, meeting goals and setting new ones. I have "bad runs" but it only motivates me to get out there and push myself harder. I'm always anxious to do better and slowly I am.

So thankful to have found something I love doing, thats just for me but at the same time getting to share it with my best friend. Can't wait to see how we do on the next one!

1 comment:

  1. That's great. Glad you found something fun and challenging to do. I couldn't run worth a lick. I would probably die of an exertion headache. Running is definitely not for me but, hiking is. I just recently hiked a very steep hill and it kicked my butt. It was also a very warm/hot day here in WA and although I almost gave up I pushed myself and didn't stop until I reached the top. But boy, I felt like my head was gonna explode from sun exposure. I've challenged myself to give it another try once it gets cold and not stop to rest. Philippians 4:13 should get me through it as long as I repeat it over and over. Ha!
    Again, congratulations for finishing your first 5k.

    ReplyDelete