Nov 27, 2013

DIY Earring Holder

 photo IMG_6390_zps8fddea32.jpg

I don't have a step by step tutorial with pictures for this piece but it's so very easy. I had almost everything, including the frame at home. All I bought was the earrings and blue flower, so this was a very inexpensive gift :)

What you need:
- A frame
- Piece of burlap to fit in the frame
- Starch
- Hot glue gun
- Stencil (optional)
- Acrylic paint (optional)
- Flower, buttons (optional)

Take the glass and backing out of your frame. All you need is the wooden frame.

Starch and iron burlap and cut just slightly larger that your frame.

Using your glue gun, attach the burlap to the frame. Pull it tight and continue gluing all the way around the frame.

I picked up the flower out of a target dollar bin, and made the leaves out of the excess burlap. Then I stenciled an initial in the center using acrylic paint and a sponge brush.

To finish, I added a pair of earrings.

 photo IMG_6358_zpsf1ef9530.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment