Oct 11, 2013

The little things

What a week. Last week I was content and enjoyed my days at home with the kids. I was filled with gratitude and a new perspective...but this week, it was hard. I think outwardly I appeared calm and tried to be really patient but it was exhausting
I know I can't live off of the joys from days or weeks past, and that I have to find new "mana" for each day. Ben has been a constant encouragement to me this week, reminding me of what I know...

Eden has done really well with the purees I've made her. She had and liked avocado and peas...

 
 

Last night I was rushing around making dinner for our family and for a friend who just had a baby. The boys had really pushed me to my limits early that day so Ben offered to take them with him while he ran the food over to our friend. Eden is one of those babies that prefers to just be put in her bed when tired, but last night she let me rock and sing her to sleep. I felt so much peace and thankfulness as I held her asleep in my arms. Those hard days are worth it...

 

Ben has done so well with his diet. A lot of people thing that treating Lyme is just two weeks of antibiotics and you're good. If only it were that easy. I'm thankful for the doctor we found though. He is on two antibiotics, supplements and a low carb low sugar diet. He's still having bad days but nothing like before. It's a slow process but there has been progress and we are hopeful.

 

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. So glad Ben is doing better. I hope he continues to heal. I know about those hard days, I feel like I'm not going to make it to dinner so many times without pulling out my hair. Hang in there! I just imagine the days when the kids can do things for themselves, and then I'll probably miss these days..... at least a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Ben is doing better. I hope he continues to heal. I know about those hard days, I feel like I'm not going to make it to dinner so many times without pulling out my hair. Hang in there! I just imagine the days when the kids can do things for themselves, and then I'll probably miss these days..... at least a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Ben is doing better. I hope he continues to heal. I know about those hard days, I feel like I'm not going to make it to dinner so many times without pulling out my hair. Hang in there! I just imagine the days when the kids can do things for themselves, and then I'll probably miss these days..... at least a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your husband is getting better. Great idea about the baby food. I will be remembering this for later on. Love the pictures. You have a beautiful family. Hope you have a great week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete