Oct 7, 2013

Eden is 5 months!


Baby girl. Gosh I love you, you little sack of potatoes. When I get you at 6:30 every morning, you yell "ho ho ho ho ho" as you try and eat my neck while I carry you back to my bed to nurse you. I don't know, I love it. I love that I've been able to nurse you and bond with you so easily. Wherever I go, you go. My little sidekick.

I'm pretty sure you're the last little Floyd baby, so I savor these moments, even at 6:30 in the morning. I'll always remember the times I prayed for you, and pleaded with God for you. And most days it's pretty surreal that this dream came true.

You've had a few physical therapy sessions this month and it's helping a ton. You are tolerating a little more tummy time. Turning your head in both directions and rolling over from tummy to back!

Also, after going back and forth about when to start some solid foods for you, we decided to just go for it. In the last few weeks you started reaching for our cups and food, and it was almost sad to see you want it so much. So I bought some avocados, pureed them up and you did great! You were so ready :)


It's really hard to know when a baby is teething. Some days I'm sure you are when you're cranky and gnawing on your hands, and then other days you seem fine. But I think that it's possible you might be starting. If you're like your brothers then I would expect a tooth in about a month or so. 

You love to be out and about during the day. I'm starting to think you are bored when we stay home. You're the perfect shopping buddy!

I have accepted that you are a "cat-napper" and that since you sleep so well at night, you are going to want to eat every 2-2.5 hours during the day. You're on the leaner side so nursing you more frequently makes me feel a little better too. So since you don't really have a schedule, I'll just say that you have your last feeding at 7:15-7:30 and head straight to bed till 6:30-7:00am...then you eat every 2-3 hours during the day with 30 minute naps here and there.
And typically.. happy as a clam :)

2 comments:

  1. She is so cute!!! Wow 5 months already. I can't wait for the 6:30 am mornings. When you go in and see that cute little face it must make your day!!!

    ReplyDelete