Sep 29, 2013

I see it

Friday night we got the phone call we'd been waiting on..

Sure, we already had a clinical diagnosis, which is really a guess.
But there was a little bit of me that was nervous it could still be something else, especially since Ben never recalled seeing a tic on him.
But it was confirmed...Lyme disease

Months of not knowing...but finally, validation for Ben.

Now he has good and bad days, but if I think back to even when he was first diagnosed, it's a big improvement.
So on the bad days, thats what keeps us going.
God has still been blessing us through others.
I don't even know how to begin to say thank you, but I plan to figure that out soon.

My eyes are wide open. I see the blessing all around me. I see it. I can't believe our marriage now, for the first time in years it really feels like we're on the same team. If I were completely honest I'd admit that this week I've even seen my children in a different way...a way I have felt robbed of many times as a mother...I've enjoyed them even in the thick of it.

We're putting the pieces back together....together

photo credit: Katie Robinson

3 comments:

  1. Great picture! Happy for you. Glad things are getting better for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture and post! Such a beautiful family! I am so happy that your husband finally has a diagnosis. I know there are still good and bad days, but not knowing what's wrong and what's the cause of the illness is worst than the truth. God has a plan for everything and it's comforting to see that these hard times has brought your family together and stronger than ever! Thanks for sharing your story and inspiring others to redeem in Gods love. I will pray for healing for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a beautiful post. You have a lovely perspective and heart. Thank you for sharing. Blessings to you and your husband and kiddos.

    ReplyDelete