Jul 10, 2013

He's good - A repost

Part of the reason I haven't been updating like I'd want to is because I'm worried where it would lead. I'm not sure how much I'd like to share online and life lately...well it's been hard. I think I'm wise enough to know that I don't want to look back on the first few months of my daughters life and remember feeling discouraged and so I press on. I get myself and three kids ready and lunches packed multiple times a week so we can get out of the house. So they can have fun. But I so desperately want to be out of this season. I feel like throwing myself to the floor like my 2 year old (please don't visualize that) and screaming how much I don't want to deal with what we're dealing with...but obviously it doesn't work that way.

So instead I thought I'd repost this entry I blogged last summer. Really...last summer was a blast. I don't know.. maybe apart of me knew that we'd go through something again soon and I should document that season because He is good all the time. Regardless of our circumstances..He's still good. And I wanted to remember his goodness to us today...

**************

Another weekend is here again and I realize I haven't updated in so long...other than my insta friday posts.
At night I'll lay in bed, and think about some of the things I've had on my mind lately and know that if I just sat down to blog, it would probably all make a lot more sense to me...

But then I don't because this summer has been so busy for us...well we've been busy being lazy and having fun and it's actually been so healing for me. I know I always have pictures of us at the beach, and maybe it's a bit repetitive, but it's the most peaceful place for the whole family.

The kids don't fight over every.single.thing. I don't get sippy cups thrown at me (like I did just now) I can sit in my red chair and have conversations with my friends or the times it's just me and the boys I love to pray quietly and thank God for everything I do have. I watch my children run around, happy and free to explore.

It's more than just a day at the beach...

The winter felt long and lonely. I learned so much about myself, and others. I tried to make the best of it but this summer has been a kiss, a breath of fresh air to me. It's the only way I can think to describe it. I know that in life there are so many seasons, for years it felt like we were in a dark one, even though there were bits of joy and wonderful blessings in between. I hope that if or when we go through something like that again, we can remember this summer and what a gift it was to us.

 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. I hate that you guys are going through such a trying time. None of my business, but maybe speaking out could get you guys some help... (if it's financially) Either way... God will prevail, he always does.... Kinda contradicting I know.. but I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully things are beginning to get better and that your husband is healthy and back at work. Seems like he's doing alright from the Instagram pictures you've posted.
    Take it one day at a time.
    blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. in my thoughts that things will get better. love the pics!

    ReplyDelete