May 14, 2013

Eden Oliva {She's here!}

I went in last Tuesday morning for a scheduled induction. We know from past experiences (and my last two inductions) that this is the best option for us since I typically have pretty large babies. Eden was no exception!

I actually started having some painful contractions only minutes apart for about an hour before they got things going...but they started me on pitocin around 8:30am.


Things kind of progressed slowly, as my labors typically do. I had kingston in 9 hours from start to finish and Weston in 7 so I jokingly told everyone I'd have her in 5...

Around 12:45 when I was only at 6cm, I kind of assumed we'd be there a bit longer and told Ben to go get himself lunch, but 30 minutes later when the doctor checked me, she said it was time to push...

My mom and sister frantically tried to get ahold of Ben but by the time we were ready to go he walked in the room...and baby girl was here in one contraction at 1:15pm...all 7lb 13oz and 20in of her..and if you do the math...thats less than 5 hours :)

And obviously...were completely in love with her.














9 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! She is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations again. What a sweet baby girl and loving big brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! She is precious. and the picture with all the kids, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! She's a doll

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lesley congratulations! she is so beautiful! I am so happy for you and your family.
    I don't think it is fair for someone to look so pretty right after having a baby ;)
    congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations and she is a beauty. found your blog via "The Life of the Wife".

    ReplyDelete