Mar 31, 2013

Easters

We didn't go all out for Easter this year.

We opted out of the big egg hunt with friends for a little one in the back yard
My mom ended up coloring eggs with the boys while Ben and I ran errands earlier in the week
I didn't worry about having everyone dressed in their easter best on Sunday morning
and I even forgot to snap pictures of their baskets

For some reason none of it seemed important
Maybe I'm tired
Maybe I'm just done being pregnant
Thats probably it...
On Friday and Sunday I quieted myself a few times to reflect and thank Him for what He did, for everything we have and my heart felt good with that

 photo IMG_5374_zpsed18618c.jpg

 photo IMG_5378_zps01386571.jpg 

 photo IMG_5381_zpscb3f8939.jpg

 photo IMG_5392_zpsc90c6dd9.jpg

Despite all we didn't do this year, it was a great weekend.


3 comments:

  1. Sometimes little is more. All day today I kept feeling like everyone was so caught up in the Easter bunny & the baskets, and all that goes a long with that. Easter isn't even about some rabbit and all the treats he brings... seems like a lot of people lost sight of that.

    Glad you had a nice, low-key weekend. Baby girl will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. We didn't have any plans either and I was ok with it just being the 3 of us at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you. We didn't make it to church because I worked the night before and I forgot to take a picture of Emma in her dress and of her basket....(slaps head)..I was tired.

    ReplyDelete