Jan 25, 2013

The little things

It's been pretty busy in the Floyd household lately. We've been trying to tackle so many projects that we put off last year, but I'm happy to say that we (and by we I mean Ben) really only have one more big project (painting the nursery furniture) we can do until spring and the rest wont take much time at all. 

Today like most fridays, me and the boys are going to lunch with my momma at chic-fil-a..

 

There is usually a container of chocolate chip cookies in the kitchen these days..I blame it on instagram and pinterest. Cravings are no joke and instead of sending Ben out to get me something sweet, I've got it covered. I'm doing him a favor really.

Saturday was the first girls night I'd been to in such a long time...really had to force myself to go but I'm always glad when I do. My drink is the milk shake. #6monthssober

 

I'm kind of loving my little nook to rest books and coffee cups on...

If you have a hard time getting your kids out of the bath, get these towels from target...works every time

 

I'm actually kind of impressed with myself. I've exercised more consistently during this pregnancy than I ever have for a period of time. It's kind of devastating to still be packing on the pounds.. but I'm almost certain I'll stay under 30 pounds this time...which would be a record for me.

See that little boys room? That was the BIG project this week. On Tuesday we broke down two beds and hauled them to the attic. On Wednesday, we spent 3.5 hours putting the bunk beds together. The boys absolutely love them though, and now the train table can stay. I was losing sleep over the thought of having to get rid of it since our space is so limited. 

 

Only in VA are you at the park in 65 degree weather one week and trapped inside because of cold weather and snow the next. Today I have to go out shopping for a winter coat for Weston...yea at the end of January. I better get a deal! The snow might even stick this afternoon....they are going to shut this town down you guys. We can't handle snow.

 

Anyway, if the town doesn't get shut down we're sending our rugrats over to my sisters for the night and Ben has a top secret date planned for the two of us. And if you're wondering what the special occasion is...well it's just the fact that 9 years ago today... we officially met in a coffee shop after finding each other on myspace. Yea it's weird...but it works. Am I right?

13 comments:

  1. The bunk beds look great. And the cookie dough just made me start craving them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a fun Chick-fil-A lunch and sounds even better with your mom and boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so pretty! Love your Insta-week & blog! Newest Follower! Would love for you to follow back!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We currently have home-made chocolate chip cookies in our cookie jar.....but I can't blame it on baby cravings! lol Enjoy your special date tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. busy but exciting ... looking forward to seeing baby Edens nursery. stay warm. have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bunk beds.. but VA, is in Virginia?? I thought you guys lived in Florida, or am I missing something? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. When people ask how Chris and I met, I say mutual friends, but the truth is that it was through mutual Myspace friends. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I knew that! Funny how we met our guys the same way and married them the same date :)

      Delete
  8. I hope you get to go on your date! More and more people are meeting through the internet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute blog I love these photos!

    found your blog from fff link up and started following :)

    www.nateandmaryclaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute stuff! Have fun on your date. I hope it works out with the weather.
    Stopping by from Life Rearranged.

    Nicole
    http://adventuresofasemperfifamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. way to go with the consistent workouts! My goal is to stay at 30lbs or under too... so far so good, we'll see what the next 10 weeks hold lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make me laugh. ("by we I mean Ben")...I so get you
    1. I think it's funny that you're toasting it up with a milkshake
    2. I love those towels
    3. Grace is cracking me up in that picture

    ReplyDelete