Jan 18, 2013

The little things

We've had rain for 6 days in a row. Needless to say, it has been a loooong week. But there were some highlights, and thats what I'll focus on.

- Watching my friend's little girl, Shiloh

- Making cookies with friends

 

- A day at the zoo (it was supposed to be 70 and sunny..it was cold and overcast)

 

- Getting some new clothes for baby girl from my sister

- Plenty of snuggles since we had no where to go

 

- I saw a break in the clouds on Monday, so I quickly dressed the kids and we enjoyed about 30 minutes at the park. The feeling of the warm sun on my skin, is almost something I crave. It's why I'm at the beach so much in the summer.

- Afternoon cup of coffee..although it was a huge mistake because I felt so sick the rest of the day. We'll be friends again soon, coffee.

 

- Made a honey do list for Ben. I'm so proud of how many things we crossed off of it yesterday since he stayed home from work.

- I know people think I'm crazy for taking my kids grocery shopping, and I'll admit I was even a little scared for myself this week since it was raining and me being 5.5 months pregnant but it's usually fine. Growing up my mom always toted the three of us around, and it was never a big deal so I guess it's just something I know I can do too.

 

- Every night I pick up before the kids go to bed, and lately I've been wondering what it's going to be like to see girly toys lying around the house some day soon.

- And in this house, if you're really cute you tend to get away with quite a bit. Like getting up at 9:45 for some hang out time with mom and dad because you can't sleep.

 

It may only be a high of 38 degrees today, but the sun is shining and it's Friday and I hope you all have a great weekend.


2 comments:

  1. This is super cute! I can't do the grocery store thing. My son will have the entire store in my cart before we even walk in. He's got extendo arms (as he calls them) and can grab anything no matter how far away from the shelf I keep him. I'm a little jealous you can take yours with. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take my kids to the store all the time too. It isn't always easy but we manage. :)

    ReplyDelete