Dec 14, 2012

Ice Skating

I would have done a post of my instagrams for the week, but something is going on with both websites I pull my photos from. So instead I thought I'd share our pictures from ice skating.

So last year we got the whole family together and went to the outdoor ice rink. I thought it would be fun to do it again. I set the date, we found a groupon deal to go half price and then I had a big "womp womp moment" when I realized I couldn't ice skate this year because, I'm pregnant. But Kingston had been so excited about it... so we did. For weeks he talked about going but I knew that once the time came he would panic and change his mind. (this is classic Kingston)

Last year he was just 3 years old, and after lots of convincing, we finally got him out onto the ice and he ended up loving it. So when he protested and cried as I laced up his skates, with onlookers probably thinking I'm some cruel parent forcing my kid to ice skate, I knew that if he just got out there, he would have a great time. So like any good parent would do, I shoved my crying 4 year old onto the ice rink, his dad grabbed his hands and took him around the rink a few times....and what do you know? After a few minutes he was having the time of his life.



Weston was very nervous and unsure of the whole situation and decided it was safest to just stay in the stroller and not blink.


And of course Kingston pitched a big fit when it was time to go. 

Thats my kid. Everything is a challenge but I'm up for it because the smiles and look of pride on his face when I know he's overcome something are some of the proudest moments for me as his mom.   

1 comment: