Nov 2, 2012

The good stuff

So it's been a good week, with a bad day or two tossed in there somewhere, but today I'm only focusing on the good stuff. I really think that when you do that, you can turn those bad days around.

So some things about this week that I'm thankful for..

1. Our wood burning fire place. Fall and winter are just so much better with a cozy fire. We had friends over last weekend for dinner and s'mores. Does it get any better than that?


2. I'm so thankful that hurricane sandy didn't cause our area much damage. My heart goes out to everyone who was hit by the brunt of the storm though.

3. Making it to 12 weeks. Anyone who's ever been pregnant knows what a milestone that is, and especially if you've had a miscarriage before, it feels even more comforting.

4. Not gonna lie, I was nervous what people were going to think about us having a third baby so when I announced it on facebook this week, the positive words and well wishes were so overwhelming and encouraging, I was shocked actually. Plus now I don't have to suck in anymore, because I'm definitely showing :)

5. The rain cleared out just in time for halloween. The boys had so much fun being dressed up and even letting me get pictures of them, which is something they never let me do.


6. Having good friends to share these things with. I've gone through seasons where it felt like we didn't have any so I value it so much.


7. I'm thankful for my husband who has been a gem the past 8 weeks as I get through this first trimester. (my last week) Who understands that baking babies in your belly makes you lose a few brains cells. So when I say things like "did you load the keys up in the car?" it really means, where are the keys and are the kids in the car? 

8. I was thinking that this little blog might die after I changed the name, but it's actually starting to grow again which is fun. Love "meeting" new friends :)

9. We were given a beautiful changing table for free, from someone we don't even know. Just a friend of a friend. God knows that even though this is our third baby, we need a lot of stuff and I'm not even concerned about it one bit. He's got it all taken care of.



10. And I mean, who isn't thankful that it's Friday?

I'm linking up herehere and here




Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. What amazing things to be thankful for! And congratulations on your baby!! How exciting =) =)
    I'm so glad you linked up to Lisa's blog so we could meet =)
    Look forward to getting to know you more friend!
    Much Love,
    L

    allglorious-within.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome thankful list! i know of quite a few people who are pregnant and who have just had babies...you guys are gonna give me baby fever! hahaha! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents have a fireplace like that and I love it! I want to buy a house with one someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your pregnancy! When are you due?

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post! i love fireplaces and wish we had one in our house! and congrats on your pregnancy!! what an exciting time it will be for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower here from the mommy moments blog hop. I love this post and am so happy for you and baby #3!
    Your boys are so adorable!
    I'm looking forward to following your posts =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read your thankful list last week, but I didn't get a chance to comment. First, thanks for linking up! I love your fireplace! What a great way to create memories. Glad you are safe from hurricane Sandy. Your boys look so cute in their costumes! I bet they had fun on Halloween. And again congrats on baby :)

    ReplyDelete