Nov 28, 2012

It's a....



We had our big ultrasound yesterday. We found out we were expecting right at 4 weeks, so waiting until I was 16 weeks along felt like an eternity. But luckily I have two little boys who have kept me plenty busy to keep my mind off things, fun holidays and party planning, and you know just getting through all the fun morning sickness.

But it feels like we've waited longer than just three months. It feels like this journey started over a year ago. I've always felt in my heart that we were supposed to have a daughter, and when we found out last september that we were expecting, I knew it was our girl. We had so many words, and friends who shared dreams about us having a daughter. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage, which left me feeling really confused. And then we didn't know if we wanted a third baby, but in my heart I wasn't sure if I would ever be able to accept our family as it was, because it felt incomplete.

It wasn't planned but my due date with this baby is very close to the due date of the baby we lost last year...only days apart. And when we first realized that it did crazy things to me, brought fear and worries but once again God brought people into our lives who hadn't know our situation to bring confirmation that this desire in our hearts would be met.

I feel so overwhelmed with thankfulness..

Linking up here and here


Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! Congrats on your little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Congrats! I'm so so happy for you!!! Your boys are gonna have a baby sister, perfect! I am even more excited that we are both having girls close in age! How fun it will be to watch them both grow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What a perfect seal to this incredible journey you've been on. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Your boys are so cute, I'm sure everyone is excited to see a little Floyd girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I just had a girl after two boys and it's been so amazing to have a little girl in the house! :) I'm sure you'll feel the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are finally getting a little girl! Your boys will be the best big brothers! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats!! so excited for you! those 2 little boys are going to be great big brothers to their new little sister!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting your girl. We are having a 2nd girl and I just feel my husband needs a boy...but not sure we want another baby...only time will tell and God knows.. as we just need to get through this baby first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! What a blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! I'm with you---2 boys and girl on the way:):):)

    Julie
    www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to you and your family!! How exciting! I still have dreams that if we were to have another baby it would be a girl :) The desire is still there :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!!!!! That will be so much fun for you! Mine is only a few days old and I'm loving it. Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete