Jul 6, 2012

The little things this week

Oh this summer has been such a blast. Maybe I'm just in a better place than I have been in years past, but whatever it is.. I'm thankful.

My dad is such an awesome guy. He's in the process of renovating a huge building for his youth ministry and on Sunday had a big fund raiser. I felt so overwhelmed with gratefulness that we were in a position to contribute. I love his heart and his passion for the kids that many people would just write off and my heart was so happy to give.

That night, Ben and I led worship for the first time in what felt like forever, but was really about a month. It felt so good to be back and worshipping alongside my husband. We took our munchkins for chinese after the service, but they played with the fish the whole time.

  

Oh mondayyyy... 
This day started out right with kingston drenching himself and the bathroom in Ben's cologne while I was taking the little one potty. Before I could get a diaper back on the baby I stuck kingston in the shower only to turn around to find the baby splashing in his own urine...so they were both fresh and clean before 9am.


Kingston watching movies with the gang. Weston and Gracie have a love hate relationship. It always starts off with petting and kissing but quickly turns into hair pulling and biting.

 

This year was by far the best 4th of July that I can remember. We had a lot of family in town for a big cookout at my mom's. 

It was really hot but the kids kept cool in the kiddie pool and sprinkler and I made a chocolate eclair cake that was a big hit! If you haven't made it yet, boy are you missing out! Please google it..you'll thank me.

 

We were a little nervous that heading to the beach to see the fireworks might be a bad idea, but relieved when we found parking right away and once we got on the beach noticed the fireworks were being set off right next to us! It was a wonderful surprise. I think we got the best view!

We attached glow sticks to the back of our little ones so we could keep track of them. Genius...I know!

 

Today we're heading to the pool with friends and then tonight me and a few girl friends are going out to dinner.
Have a great weekend you guys!

4 comments:

  1. The picture of your little one kissing the pup is too adorable! Found you on InstaFriday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley - dropping in from InstaFriday :) Love the pictures of your little guys! They are so cute! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea with the glow sticks!! love the pic of weston kissing the pup!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Your story of one kiddo bathing in cologne and the other in urine had me laughing loudly! I'm sure it wasn't so funny at the time, but a great read. ;)

    P.S. I love your hair! It's so sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete