Jul 20, 2012

It's so much more

Another weekend is here again and I realize I haven't updated in so long...other than my insta friday posts.
At night I'll lay in bed, and think about some of the things I've had on my mind lately and know that if I just sat down to blog, it would probably all make a lot more sense to me...

But then I don't because this summer has been so busy for us...well we've been busy being lazy and having fun and it's actually been so healing for me. I know I always have pictures of us at the beach, and maybe it's a bit repetitive, but it's the most peaceful place for the whole family.

The kids don't fight over every.single.thing. I don't get sippy cups thrown at me (like I did just now) I can sit in my red chair and have conversations with my friends or the times it's just me and the boys I love to pray quietly and thank God for everything I do have. I watch my children run around, happy and free to explore.

It's more than just a day at the beach...

The winter felt long and lonely. I learned so much about myself, and others. I tried to make the best of it but this summer has been a kiss, a breath of fresh air to me. It's the only way I can think to describe it. I know that in life there are so many seasons, for years it felt like we were in a dark one, even though there were bits of joy and wonderful blessings in between. I hope that if or when we go through something like that again, we can remember this summer and what a gift it was to us.

 
 

 

12 comments:

  1. I've been pretty jealous of your awesome summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys look like they are enjoying their summer! I was raised by the beach but moved when I married. I terribly miss it! Glad you are able to enjoy such a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm that ice cream looks rather lovely! Your boys are adorable...so peaceful when they sleep huh?!

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys are really enjoying summer. Such handsome boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw this is such a sweet post. I love that you and your boys are enjoying your summer so much! Keep on enjoying these beach days because before you know it the season will be over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving all the beach pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your blog from Casey Wiegand's link up! I love your honesty and your boys are so adorable! Happy Weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so awesome that you have had a great summer!! i love looking at all your beach pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pics! You have such adorable boys! I'm stopping by from the GFC Blog Hop and am now a new follower:) Would love for you to stop by Crazy Mama Drama!
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

    ReplyDelete
  10. great photos! Stopping by from Life rearranged!

    ReplyDelete