Jun 22, 2012

The things that make up our week

It's Fridayyyy....Got any big plans?

We're going to the pool today. I have a bridal shower for a friend on saturday and then we plan to go to the beach on Sunday.

Here are a few instagrams from our week - Follow me @mrsfloyd915

Last week tropical smoothie was having their annual flip flop day. As long as you wore flip flops, you'd get a free smoothie. Every year we go, walk right in and get our smoothies. That was not the case this year. The first time we went, we found out that offer didn't start until 2pm and the second time we went the line was wrapped around the building.

Both times Weston was not happy



So finally we gave up and just got slurpees
And all was well



My dad loves birds. He has two or three bird feeders at the house so when I was in A.C moore last week I saw these cute little bird houses and thought that after the boys painted one, it would make the perfect fathers day gift.



On Saturday, we had a yard sale that made a whopping $50 :/





But my mom watched the boys for us that night so we had a night out, and we spent all that yard sale money on dinner at Lucky Oyster and Skinny dip frozen yogurt. It never really matters what we do, just nice to be somewhere together, enjoy a quiet car ride, actually get to eat, and talk and not have to share our ice cream.



After we put the boys to bed we watched some redbox movies and totally pigged out on candy, ice cream and chips.

I got Ben fishing poles for him and Kingston for his fathers day gift. He had been saying for months that he wanted to take Kingston fishing at the pond in our neighborhood. I did good this year.



On Sunday we spent the afternoon with my whole family at the ball park. We did the same thing last year and it will probably become a little tradition for us.





I've become addicted to veggie subs. We still eat meat 1-2 times a week but for the most part it's all veggies now.



I picked up a little dinosaur sandwich cutter while grocery shopping and made their lunches a little bit more fun..I was probably a little more excited than they were but thats usually the case.



On Wednesday we had another beach day with a bunch of friends. Weston took things to a whole new level. I spent the entire afternoon running back and forth dragging him out of the ocean back to our spot on the beach. I even heard a family joking "back and forth all day long" during one of the countless times I chased after him. The moment I let go of him, he bolts. He chases waves, and birds, and planes and cars.

Any itch of baby fever I had totally vanished after that beach day.



And yet I rewarded him with ice cream...

He's the most rotten whiney little thing... but my gosh he so cute that he gets away with it all

I love this boy. I hate this age :/



And I leave you with a picture of my gracie girl. My first spoiled rotten baby who was keeping cool on a hot day by laying on the tile floor.



6 comments:

  1. Oh goodness. Eliot is getting to that age too. And if this is a glimpse of the terrible twos, I'm scared. I've just been using the sack of potatoes method. Pick 'im up by the tummy under my arm and walk away. That's the only way I can carry this strong little guy without him slipping out (and pulling my shirt down) and running back to whatever it was. Ha.

    It is making me question having another too (just because I don't know how to deal with two), but I do want a second and I know Eliot will keep growing older, so we'll take it as it comes. :)

    p.s. Awesome job cutting down on the meat! More veggies is always great and meat isn't necessarily always the best thing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if Eliot is anything like Kingston, things got so much better by 24 months. I do the same thing though, just pick him up and walk away. I'm just thankful I don't have to do it with a big belly this time!

      Delete
  2. omygoodness that slurpee pic is so cute! What an adorable kiddo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That slurpee is as big as he is! You sure are busy it seems. I love that age but it is hard too. Have a great weekend!
    Carolyn http://sillyhappysweet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your boys are so cute! I love those dinasour sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete