Jun 29, 2012

Another week in the sun

Some snapshots from our week. If you follow me on instagram...well this is all old news :) I think I might need to add some more items to our summer bucket list. We're crossing them off so quickly.

Some nights we'll head to the water park for a few hours. In the photo he's sliding down a kiddie slide but Kingston is now riding all the "big" slides he is tall enough for.





We love to go in the evenings when you don't have to lather on sun screen and most of the crowds have died down.



The beach is also 15 minutes away, but I want to be closer...we are always there. This is my brother (future rock star) teaching kingston some letters in the sand.



It always amazes me, when we go to the beach with friends who have kids and then seeing them all together. It's like...where did all these kids come from? This bunch gets along so well, and they are so much alike!



I've been working on little projects in the boy's room this week. I had them paint little canvases to go on their wall.



Then I spray painted their letters and hung up vinyl decals. Kingston is obsessed with trains, and I think it might be planes for Weston.







I asked him to stop jumping in the pool at least 15 times. Then I decided to just give up and take a picture....maybe busting his nose like Weston did last week might teach him a lesson...but I doubt it.



This little girl, Lorelei,  is one of Kingston's best friends. On Wednesday night we had them over for dinner and walked to the frozen yogurt shop around the corner. Cake batter with chocolate sprinkles? Yes please!



After we spend so many days in the sun, I'm always thankful for the ones we just lay around the house in the AC and watch movies together.



Last night we went to the beach in the evening to watch the sun set...Just sitting in my chair and watching my boys run around and have so much fun had me thinking over and over that this really is a good life.



Maybe not perfect...but really really good.



11 comments:

  1. I found my way here via Hello Hue--
    I am a mama to two little boys too!
    It's the best, isn't it? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your boys names! I have to say...slightly jealous that you are only 15 minutes from the beach! I'm about and hour away, so I've only been twice since moving to Florida a year and a half ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys are having the best summer so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer fun is the best and it looks like y'all are taking full advantage of it!
    Popping over from Hello Hue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a teacher, I have to say that a rocker uncle teaching letters is pretty great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Living that close to a beach must be so nice. Today we are finally setting up the kiddie pool in out yard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so awesome that you guys live that close to the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm following you from the GFC Blog Hop! Look forward to reading more! I would appreciate the follow back! :)
    Have a great rest of the weekend!
    -Kat

    http://mom-uncensored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm following you from the GFC Blog Hop! Look forward to reading more! I would appreciate the follow back! :)
    Have a great rest of the weekend!
    -Kat

    http://mom-uncensored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!! What LOVELY boys! They are so handsome! I'm glad I found you...from Covered in Grace!

    -Have a great 4th of July!
    your newest follower...Danielle
    http://bellaella2121.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love their room! And your swimming suit... super cute :)

    ReplyDelete