Jun 1, 2012

all things summer

The last few weeks have been really good


We've spent so much time with friends, at the beach, water park, riding bikes, grilling out. 

All things summer



I mentioned that the boys are now sharing a room. I don't know if it's the room sharing or just them getting older but they have become so close lately. Hearing them talk to each over the monitor each night puts a huge smile on my face.
I love having a sister, and sharing a room with her growing up. 

I love that they have each other



Sometimes I don't have enough change for them each to ride. In those cases, they squeeze each other tight and make it work :)

Ever since I read the book "loving the little years", I've gotten over my fear of messes and allowed Kingston to start helping me make dinner. He absolutely loves it. His love language is spending one on one time, so this is wonderful for him. Spills and crumbs only take minutes to clean up, but hopefully these moments will leave him with sweet memories of cooking with mom.

I colored my hair!


The days that aren't spent soaking up the sun at the beach, are good for us to stay home and relax.
We had a lot of rain this week from tropical storm beryl.

My slower cooker, and rice cooker are my best friends some days. If you have any slow cooker recipes, I'll take em!

Ben is the sweetest. He leaves me notes almost every day right by the kuerig that has coffee inside ready to be started.

Kingston learned to write his A's and B's this week. Sometimes I wonder if I could homeschool him. I doubt myself though. We'll see!

***************************************************************

We're leaving for myrtle beach tomorrow, but I have a post scheduled to go up on Sunday which is Ben and I's 6 year wedding anniversary. 
6 years?!? 
So if you want to see some wedding pictures, check back then!


8 comments:

  1. Have fun in Myrtle Beach!
    Here is one of my new fav recipes. It involves the slow cooker and rice, so hopefully you'll enjoy it! :)
    http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/01/slow-cooker-honey-sesame-chicken-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your boys together; they're so cute. Safe travels! And I'll be thinking of you on the third! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Your boys are super adorable too! I never realized it would be this much fun. How far apart are your boys? Mine share a room too, and it absolutely melts my heart listening to them play even though they are supposed to be asleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are 23 months apart! never a dull moment :)

      Delete
  4. Your boys are adorable---how old are they?? They look similar to mine! I was just thinking of putting in the same room together-was it an easy transition?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. your little ones are so cute! They look like they're best pals, which is all a mother can ask for :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute pictures! How sweet of your husband to leave you love notes! Have you been considering homeschool?? I think you would be great at it! Enjoy your vacation and time with your family!

    ReplyDelete