May 7, 2012

A good week with a sad ending

Happy Monday. Today I've got a full list of things to do. As soon as I hop off here it's on to the grocery store where I'll get the bulk of our groceries for two weeks, then it's back to the house for lunch, cleaning the bathrooms and all the floors.
At least I can look forward to company tonight!


Last week I went all crazy and worked out almost every day. You read that right. I hate every minute of it, but I had this motivation and actually went running people. Which in turn made me want to eat healthier. Hoping it pays off. 

We went to the beach a few times. It's official..I've got a tan :)

The boys got a couple slurpees. How about them extra long straws? Thanks daddy ;)

I got my hair cut for the first time in 6 7 months. And while I was there I was reminded of why it had been so long, as my boys decided to rip all the product off the shelves, 18 month old tantrums and Kingston almost running into the parking lot. 

Our dog Gracie, has had a severe case of separation anxiety for a few years now, ever since we gave away our dog, Benji to a friend. If we left her out while we were gone, she would tear up the house, pee on the couches, our bed. It was bad. Time and time again we would try different things, but ultimately she'd end up back in a crate since we were at a loss. She started injuring herself pretty badly in the crate, and I didn't know what to do anymore. I finally decided to try and leave her out one last time, to see if she would just be good. We have given her some melatonin and left her out while we've been gone all week and it's like she's a new dog...or like we have our old dog back. So excited...I was upset thinking we needed to give her to someone else who isnt gone as much...b/c I didn't feel it was fair that she was so stressed out and hyperventilating all the time.

The other night we took a walk to get some frozen yogurt. They didn't have highchairs, so Ben sat Weston in a regular chair. I know it's not really a big deal, but it was just another reminder how big my little one is becoming.

Yesterday was a sad day for me. I dropped my iphone in the toilet :( I haven't been able to get it to stay powered off...but It's been in a bag of rice for about 12 hours now. I'm hoping it'll be alright...if not..it's back to the droid. boo

But to cheer you me up, I'll leave this with a picture of my Weston, who loves to sit on the counter and hang out with me while I make dinner.

6 comments:

  1. ahh man, I've dropped my phone in the toilet before too, and it ended up being fine! So here's to hoping yours is too :)

    Love the new haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dropped my kindle in the bath ( I know I shouldn't have been reading in there) and I tried the rice and it revived almost every function.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dropping my iphone in the toilet is a major fear of mine! I love my phone, I'd be so sad without it. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's ok. I have sorta the same problem with my dog but it's more like he's mad at us for leaving. I've had to go around the house anytime we leave and make sure there are no sippy cups out, no food he can reach on the counters, nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I'd hate to drop my phone in the toilet. I have a droid, but desperately want an iphone. I have an ipod, and an ipad...now I just need the phone. Maybe for the next upgrade. We shall see. Your boys are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its the little things like Weston sitting in a reg. chair that make us say, "Wow!" with smiles beaming of how proud we are. Those are happy moments.


    http://ride-thespiral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'll have to remember the rice trick if that ever happens to me!

    ReplyDelete