Apr 16, 2012

Weekend Recap

Now that warm temps are pretty consistent here, it seems like life has been non stop. I love it, but my body is not used to it. Last night when we were home for the night at 9:30, I thought I was going to collapse. For the next three months, Ben will be getting home for the day at 3:45pm. Perfect for the summer! There are so many things I want to do with the kids.

Friday night I had a date with all three of my boys. Chilis has become our favorite place. Weston can throw down on some guacamole. We actually have to scoop most of it out of the bowl onto a plate for the rest of us, so he can feel like he gets the whole thing by having the bowl to himself. One year olds...

We came home, gave them a bath shower, put them to bed and watched a movie together.



Saturday we took the boys to the park where there was a train they could ride. Kingston stood there proudly holding his ticket, yelling with excitement to anyone he saw "look it's a train!!".  When we were riding it, he kept saying "this is so much fun". Not gonna lie, I teared up a little. I live to see my kids happy and smiling There isn't too much he gets excited about, but when it comes to trains, he can't help himself.





Later that night we had some friends over for a cookout. The kids played, we ate and talked. The weather was perfect.



And of course Sunday was filled with "holy things" (nacho libre). Sunday morning service was really good. Kingston refused to give up his trains, so he wasn't allowed in sunday school but he was really well behaved in the service and even told us to "shhh" a few times.
Then in the evening Ben and I and our amazing team led worship for the awakening service. So much fun. I love being able to do this alongside my husband.
(my dad snapped a picture of us practicing :))


I've got a letter written for my littlest mister that I'll post on Wednesday. But otherwise we'll be out and about. Have a blessed week.

Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

8 comments:

  1. Where is the park with the train?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Portsmouth city park :) I actually thought of you when we went! Right now it's running Saturdays and Sunday's 11-5

      Delete
  2. I can't wait for it to start getting warm here so we can start doing fun stuff! I have to admit when I see Lyla super happy and excited to do things I get a little teary too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a fantastic weekend. my boys get so excited about trains too. oh, boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost all online marketers utilize the same kind of techniques for online promotion of some product or service.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, look at you up there! awesome.

    i totally relate... warm temps keep us busy around here, too. it rocks, though!

    ReplyDelete