Apr 3, 2012

Forgiveness

There are so many good things that are happening in my life right now.
I'm not speaking of material things...but everything to do with my heart and ministry.
The way it's all been orchestrated just makes me trust God even more with my dreams, because I truly believe he gave them to me.
When I lay down my pride, and my agenda's it gives Him the opportunity to work through me.
It's a beautiful thing.

Your comments, emails and even those of you who text messaged me about this post, was such a blessing to me. For those of you who said you were praying for me, well I got the healing, forgiveness and closure I needed. An area of my life that I needed to deal with for years, was finally healed.

Bitterness can do ugly things to you. As much as we try and pretend it doesn't, and run from it, it creeps up and holds us back from our true potential. For me, it always liked to show up when things were going really well, and then all of the sudden one lie erased all the truth I had worked so hard to believe.

It probably sounds strange, but this morning I felt different. Physically. I felt that a beautiful thing had taken place in my heart, and it was evident even in my outward appearance.

"If you have a hard time extending forgiveness to someone, just remember how much forgiveness you need from the Father and how freely He gave it to you"

He doesn't keep list's. 
I left mine in starbucks last night.

1 - 2

6 comments:

  1. Lesley! Our Lord is awesome! Glory, Glory to Him! "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor 12:9

    ReplyDelete
  2. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed this post!! new follower :-)

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! it's true, we only hurt ourselves with our bitterness. glad you let go.

    ReplyDelete