Mar 19, 2012

Week(end) recap

Goodness. We've been busy. Weston was so sick last week. His fever fluctuated between 103-105 for several days, and when I brought him to the doctor it was confirmed that he had strep throat. Even after being on antibiotics for two days he still had a high fever and a difficult time sleeping :( It was an exhausting and emotional week seeing my baby that sick. But look at his sweet smile despite the fact.


Thursday night we all headed down to the beach. We wanted to get ice cream and let the boys run around in the sand, but it was too cold by the water. We did get ice cream, and then walked around by the shops. I love living so close to the beach now.


On Friday we set up another play date with Katie. Weston wasn't much in the mood for playing since he still isn't 100% better, but Eliot seemed to enjoy himself. And I have really loved getting to know Katie a little better :)



Before the park. Our dog, Gracie, decided to escape out of the backyard and run away! She's never done this in the 5 years we've had her. I went looking around the neighborhood, put up signs since she didn't have her collar on and called the shelters multiple times. She went missing at 9:30 in the morning and by 5:30 we finally had luck with the shelter. Someone found her, and they were actually right around the corner!!

Here she is, just rescued and in desperate need of a bath. It was almost 80 degrees that day.

Saturday we spent the day in Williamsburg, which is about an hour away, at the outlets. I'm trying to get the boys all set for summer, as far as their clothes go. Almost there!


And Sundays are the busiest days, but my absolute favorite. The day could have gone downhill after we picked up our kids from Sunday school since Kingston had a horrible morning there, but we didn't let it. We ended the weekend leading worship for the evening service, and the messages heard yesterday have my heart stirring. 

So yep, thats what we've been up to!

bits of splendor mondayMiscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

11 comments:

  1. I was so relieved when I saw that Gracie came back! It looks like she had too much adventure for one day. Haha! We had a lot of fun at the park. I love the picture of Eliot and me at the top of the slide with Weston already down it. Synchronized sliding attempt: fail. Oh well. We have all summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When she first ran away, I was just mad lol but then as the day went on and I went searching for her I was starting to get really upset. I was so thankful we found her before it got dark! And I love that picture too! I'm really looking forward to the summer :)

      Delete
  2. We are beach people too. I'm so glad Gracie is back home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that sounds like a busy...but good weekend. Poor kiddo with strep throat, I'm sure that had to have been tough to see him so sick! Hopefully you are all well this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have nightmares about losing our dog--so glad you found the little pup!

    Visiting from Bits of Splendor.
    Mary
    www.trustychucks.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would looove to live closer to the beach. But the beach here doesn't usually get to warm. So glad your doggy was found and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sliding babies picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi found you through a blog hop. Love your blog.
    I am now following your blog.

    Check mine out and follow back?

    http://judahsmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's a lot of cute happening on this post! I'm sorry to hear your lil' man was sick. I know how miserable that can be! I hope he's feeling a bunch better now.

    Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! I'm following you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i do believe that is the sweetest, most adorable little sick boy i have ever seen! you have the most precious fam :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! I'm a new reader! :) Your boys are so sweet! So happy the weather has been nice enough to get to the playground. :)

    ReplyDelete