Feb 22, 2012

ok I confess..

- I have a little issue with rearranging my house. I'm not even kidding when I tell you that this little (less than 5 ft) lady can move our massive bedroom furniture and not even break a sweat. ok maybe I did break a sweat. Why do I do this? I like change I guess.

- I'm this close to giving up on exercising. I actually gained a pound.

- I love to read. I can read a decent size book in a day or two. But I really don't like reading to my kids. I do it though. I love sitting with them and flipping through books, but reading out loud makes me want to fall asleep. not sure what kind of mom that makes me.

- I do fight with my kids about food. I know "they" always tell you not to. I don't always buy organic and there is usually some goldfish or a bag of chips in the house, but when it comes to eating fruits and veggies, you've got to at least try it. And praise the Lord, Weston is no longer a picky eater!! I don't know. It's worth it to me.

- I used to think I took way too many pictures throughout the week. Now I never feel like I have enough. It rarely crosses my mind to take pictures of what were eating, or doing. Kind of makes for some boring blog posts though.

- I've always been a fall/winter kind of girl, but I'm really looking forward to summer this year. The beach, the sun, the park, playing outside.

- Kingston calls toilet paper "bend over" and I don't correct him because I find it hilarious.



17 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh.. the toilet paper seriously made me laugh so hard I was crying! You have the cutest kids Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last one... Absolutely hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are GREAT! Thanks for linking up... Your blog is so cute and I love your boys' names! 1.) I'm proud of you for admitting that you don't like reading to your kids. That takes guts. I can relate to those feelings and I'm an English teacher. I'm ready for Chapter books AT LEAST. and 2.) I might TEACH Sam to call the toilet paper "bend over" that is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodnes, I do the same exact thing with furniture! My husband is always amazed at my strength. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always feel like I take a million pictures and then I go back and look at them and none of them are any good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these "midweek confessions!" I'm visiting from the blog hop...a bit late, I know! Great blog. I can totally relate the moving furniture. It's amazing how strong you can be when you really want something done. Although, I have to be careful that my husband doesn't catch on. I like him to do all the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with the "strong when you want!" My hubby can never know my secret strength!

      Delete
  7. Your comment about reading is funny. I feel the same way....My son is only 4 months, but I feel guilty if I don't read to him everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i never move our furniture around. maybe i'm too weak? but i like change. hmm... i should take a lesson from you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehe - my husband makes fun of me all the time for my OCD moving of our furniture! Something about is just so relaxing! Weird? maybe. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. ummmm i totally agree about the reading! My son is ten months old and sometimes I make up sentences and finish a page more quickly then I should :) Shhh don' tell!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't feel discouraged! you probably gained a pound of muscle! Plus, doesn't working out make you feel better?

    I also fight with Ethan about food. He was never a picky eater, but since he turned 3 it's a fight every night at dinner! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this blog design! So cute! :)
    Will you come help me rearrange?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just email me. I am so new.to this but I can try!

      Delete
  13. Bend over. Now,that's hilarious. Great blog. Found you hopping from the Grow your Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete