Jan 10, 2012

One thing

This morning, we were listening to the live stream from ihop's prayer room. Kingston came up to me and said, "we need to pray mommy". 

Thats a request, I will never deny.

There have been times, over the past few years, where I have wondered if I'm a good enough mom to my kids. Like everyone else, I lose my cool and say things out of anger.

I have different opinions than some, about the way to parent.

You know...all those opinions about 
co-sleeping
breastfeeding
vaccinations
etc.

Lately I've been reminded that a lot of those ideas don't really matter in the long run. 

Direct your children onto the right path,and when they are older, they will not leave it. - proverbs 22:6


This is my desire. That my children will know the Father in a deeper way than I do. Even if my only purpose on this earth was to help grow and shape two (or more) lives, who would be bright and shining lights in the darkness, I would be content. 

As long as I get this one thing right with them .... then I will have succeeded. 







Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. You're a wonderful mother for wanting to pass that on to your children! That's the most important thing a parent can do for their children! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a great mom!!! hope you are ok with me asking you this...how did you start teaching them about God? i am at a loss for how to start teaching alex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! My husband and I have always said that we want to teach our kids to love God and love people. As they get older it is extremely exciting to see these things happening in their lives! Thanks for a reminder about what's really important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right! It's so easy to get caught up in hot button mom issues and forget exactly what we're really trying to teach and help shape are children to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so good to be reminded about - esp when there really are so many opinions to get caught up in and distracted from the true goal we desire as mommies...to love them and through that love. teach them about Christ. blessings friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayer. The Foundation of peace and happiness.

    I'd say you are a pretty good Mother.

    So glad to have found you.

    And Weston's little face makes me SMILE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a mom to 4 little boys I can totally relate to this post. I wonder all the time about if I'm a good mom. I worry that my boys will grow up and look at me one day and say "Mom, what were you thinking?". I need to remember that I'm raising them for the Lord. To know Him, to love Him and to worship Him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true! A lot of times the beauty of parenthood gets overlooked by making sure we are measuring up to the latest scientific method of parenting rather than God's way of parenting. He would just have us love our children. Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete