Jan 19, 2012

keeping it real

- I need to dust off the treadmill. I mean..literally..it's covered in dust. I would rather starve than exercise. But since I know that isn't healthy...I've been considering it.

- Weston really needs a hair cut...I can get it in a pony tail

- I want to learn to use my camera better...I never feel I have the time though

- I have this bad habit of buying things and then changing my mind after the fact that I've worn it and taken off tags. Sometimes I get things home and I'm like "what was I thinking?!" I blame it on the boys since I'm clearly not thinking while I'm in a store. (I'm handing out sippy cups and snacks and the leap pad and my phone to keep the peace.)


- Doing our taxes every year makes me so nervous. It's going to be worse this year since we have the house situation. I would rather just pay someone to do it.

- We are completely out of diapers right now. Weston is wearing the last one!

- I used to be so organized, a planner, scheduler, list maker. I'm not at all like that any more. I want to be though.

- I was reading through my blog archives the other day, back when Kingston was just a year old. The things I stressed about then, make me laugh now.

- I really do want more kids, but the transition from 1 to 2 was such an adjustment (and still is) and all I hear is that 2 to 3 kids was the hardest for most people, sometimes I wonder if I could even handle it.

- I feel prettier with long hair, but I hate dealing with it and looking like a teen mom :/


My hair is at the point where I need to make a decision though. Cut it short again or deal with the awkward length for a while.



Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. I do the same thing when I go shopping.. Or I don't buy something at all and regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going from two to three was easier for me than going from one to two. Of course, my oldest is 11 and a half years older than my second, so he was {and still is} tons of help with the two little ones......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha on the teen mom thing. : ) 1 to 2 (3 years apart) was a breeze for me. I think it was the spacing of the kids more than anything. Going from 2 to 3 (17 months apart) was INSANE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lesley :) I cut my hair short almost a year ago and while I liked it at first I miss it so much now! Like you, I hate dealing with it when its long and all the shedding and random long hairs everywhere but not it's at that awkward in-between stage and it's driving me nuts! Definitely don't think you look like a teen mom with your hair long though :) I'm already a follower of yours but I wanted to thank you for joining the blog hop! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! I am about to be a momma of two boys as well! I'm due with our second in may :)
    New Follower :)

    -Kaity

    www.pktaswegrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the exercise, I would much rather control my eating than exercise! I have no motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think the best part of working out is getting to eat more. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. this sounds like me!! haha! minus the long hair. i look terrible with my hair short! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kids are adorable!!

    http://www.nmephotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so my goal to learn to use my camera too! I've had it for over a year but I just don't put the time into learning all of it's mechanics for some reason. How lame of me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lesley, I worry about going from one to two all the time, but I try to keep in mind that Eliot will be older than he is now. By the time you have a third, Kingston might be interested in helping out more and be capable of it too. And your hair looks great short! Then again, it always looks good long too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how I can relate! I get buyer's remorse all the time, too. My husband used to call me the queen of returns, but I don't do it very much anymore. I have to REALLY love something to spend the money on it now.

    I also have the same situation with my hair. I like my hair long, but I feel like I look so young with it and I really hate trying to keep it out of knots and looking nice. Plus, the only thing I can get it to do is go into a ponytail. It would be so easy to cut it short again, but my hubby likes it long. Decisions, decisions.

    Whatever you decide, you're a pretty lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yep.. i'd rather starve than exercise too.. how lame is that? :P
    beautiful blog! i'm you newest follower!


    it must be (so)... liberating

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this post. Your hair is gorgeous and I totally hear ya. I look young also. Cute blog!

    I am your newest follower! I would appreciate it if you came over to my blog and followed me back. I am currently hosting a giveaway which includes free digital scrap booking software! Come check it out at:
    http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-memories-software-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete