Dec 12, 2011

The Party

I already posted about Kingston's 3rd Birthday, but here are some photos from his party. At first I was a little disappointed that so many people weren't going to come this year, but it actually was my favorite, least chaotic party I've thrown yet. And it turned out just perfect. 


I didn't know if he would want to open gifts. He's funny about these things some times. It took some convincing, but he opened every one by himself.


I was worried he might hide or tell everyone to stop singing when we all sang him Happy Birthday (he always tells me to stop singing haha), but to my surprise, he sat there with a little smirk on his face. 



My little Kingston, who is normally over stimulated and overwhelmed in situations like today, had a great time with just a handful of his buddies, and I was so blessed watching him enjoy his day.


I think the Thomas tent gets the "favorite gift" award!


We've had a difficult week with Kingston, behavior wise, but Saturday was a good day. I know that each stage of our children's lives will be difficult, in different ways, but days like this are just small reminders to me of why it's totally worth it. There are a lot of hard ones, but there are also a lot of good ones and I'm thankful for them all.

Linking here and here

4 comments:

  1. What a fun birthday! We had a Toy Story theme last year too. I think every boy loves that movie! Your son is cute, and that tent looks fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for Lyla's party. It's on Sunday.. Adam and I counted and if everyone comes there will be like 30 people! I didn't really think about that when I started inviting people. And most of it is just family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! My little guy would LOVE that Thomas tent!
    Fun to meet you...newest follower.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete