Dec 8, 2011

Kingston is 3

Today, my oldest boy turns 3 years old. I was excited for his first and second birthday's, and I'm excited to celebrate him today, but the fact that he is going to be a 3 year old makes me a little sad. I feel like he's officially not a baby anymore. Sure, he'll always be my baby. Even if he reaches 6 feet tall like his daddy and I have to stand on a chair to talk to him face to face. It's just emotional for me.

Words cannot express the way I feel for this little boy, my first born. The little person who changed my life forever and made me a mother.

I'll never forget the overwhelming feelings I had the night he was born. After his birth, they transferred us to another room and took him to the nursery. While Ben was in the shower, the nurse brought him in, handed him to me and left. As soon as she did he started choking. It was minor and he was fine but I immediately felt so much fear and incapable of caring for this little baby. I had no idea what to do with him. Why were the nurses just giving him to me and not giving me any instructions!?

Before he was born, I read books, and took classes, but there in that hospital room it didn't matter. We were going to have to figure this out on our own. We did, and we still are every day.







 1st Birthday



 2nd Birthday

He loves his momma and is so much like me, it's a little scary sometimes. He's so beautiful, smart and funny, the only blonde in our little family (so far:)). He's shy and sensitive, but strong willed and passionate about what he wants. He's a great big brother and my sweet little boy. I'm so thankful that I get to be his mother, that I get to watch him grow into an awesome man of God like his daddy. He is such a gift to our family. There isn't a day that goes by, that I don't thank God for him. That he is alive, healthy and happy. And I'll continue to pray and thank God as long as I'm his mother.

Happy Birthday little king.



"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."
1 Samuel 1:27

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your little guy! Isn't it crazy how quickly time flies now that you're a momma?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Kingston!!
    I know how you feel!! I cried when my oldest turned 4. They seriously grow up Way. To. Fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your (always) baby boy!

    3 years flew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Kingston!!!Dont you wish they never grew up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Kingston! I seriously want to squeeze you!!! {I love that name to!}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! Your post made me emotional! My little man will be 3 soon too. Doesn't seem like 3 years can go by that fast. Our little babies are little boys now :(
    Kingston is so stinkin cute! I love all the photos of him & you. Happy Birthday to Kingston!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you guys. I think he had a great day. he just passed out on the couch next to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely an emotional post to read! My baby is one week old and I feel like the time is flying by! It's not fair. Where's the pause button?

    ReplyDelete