Nov 2, 2011

A thankful heart

This morning when I woke up and felt the heat coming through the vents. 
I was thankful

When I stumbled to the kitchen, all I had to do was push the button on the coffee pot to get my coffee made and the boys milk was already poured in cups. 
I was thankful 
for this man that constantly tries to make my day easier

When me and the boys sat down for lunch I had something healthy to feed them
I was thankful

When I dressed them in their clothes that we had the money to buy
I was thankful

Even as I walked down the halls of this house. I thought about how it had almost every thing we ever dreamed about in a home
I was so incredibly thankful

This month, all I want to do is focus on the blessings I have instead of worrying about what I don't. I will admit that I spent a good part of this year being selfish and at times wanting things so bad it brought me to tears. I completely forgot the blessings all around me. But lately God has brought reminders. I look around and I see those in financial trouble, unable to have children, broken marriages, broken families, those who have experienced loss and illnesses and those who have no faith or hope.
It goes on and on and it's made my heart break.

I don't want to spend another moment dwelling on what I don't have...
-I have healthy children
-I have a home
-My husband has a job
-We always have enough food and clothes.

It's not always organic, our clothes usually aren't name brand. Our tv isn't big. We drive older cars

but ...

we have a loving God
we have each other
we have hope
and our hearts are full

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I love mornings when I am filled with thankfullness for all of the blessings that I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so easy to think of what we want or don't have. I love your focus on being thankful for all that you do have.

    ReplyDelete