Nov 11, 2011

Dedication


I know once we are all gathered together this weekend for Weston's baby dedication and first birthday party, I'll get all choked up and emotional and not remember a single thing I planned to say. 
So, I wrote out my prayer that I'll pray over my sweet little boy and I thought I would share it here. 


Children are a heritage from the LORD, 
offspring a reward from him. 

Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are 
children born in one’s youth 
- psalm 127:3-4

God I thank you for my son Weston and what a blessing 
he is to our family. He brings so much life and joy to our 
home. I thank you for his gentle spirit and tender heart.

Today I dedicate him to you. I place him in your hands knowing 
that he ultimately belongs to you. I ask that you would guide 
us as his parents. Gives us wisdom and patience and help us 
be good examples modeling your love to him.

I ask that you would place a hedge of protection around him 
as he grows. Guard his innocence, his heart, eyes and ears.

Through the praise of children and infants 
you have established a stronghold against your enemies,    

to silence the foe and the avenger - psalm 8:2

Set him apart to do great and mighty things for your Kingdom. 
Let him be a burning and shining lamp in his generation.
Draw him to you. I pray he chooses your will for his life, that 
only you would fascinate him and that you would grant him the 
desires of his heart.

*sniff* I'm gonna go cry my eyes out now and then start getting things ready for the party. 
Have a fabulous weekend you all!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a weekend you have in store. Thank you for sharing the beautiful prayer you wrote for him.

    ReplyDelete