Nov 18, 2011

12 months


I have tried to write this post a few times this week and schedule it for today, but I kept getting all choked up and then I couldn't. What do I even say? Where oh where did this year go? I was fine at the birthday party because he wasn't actually one yet. I know he's still little... but he's not a baby anymore :(



One year ago today at 1:25pm our sweet little 6 pound 12 ounce baby boy came into our lives. He had such a little cry and a head full of beautiful dark brown hair.



I remember wondering for the first few weeks what color his eyes actually were since he was always asleep. I know most newborns are sleepy but he wouldn't even wake to drink a bottle.


The holidays will be so different this year since he's not a newborn and he'll be able to participate some. I miss that soft newborn hair up against my cheek and all his sweet little grunts. The bottles are gone. He doesn't even suck on his first two fingers much anymore.

But now that he's one, he's an excellent walker! And loves to fill a bucket with blocks, dump it out and then do it all over again. He also likes putting things in my hands, walking away and coming back for them. It's so fun to watch him learn how things work and I love his sweet personality. If he sees a stuffed animal on the floor he will walk over and lay down on top of it for a minute to cuddle. Even if he doesn't know you, he will lay his head on your shoulder and let you rock him. He now sleeps with a pillow and blanket and giggles when you lay him down in his crib and tuck him in.

He likes to play with his drum. Dance. Peek-a-boo. Hide and seek. Twirl himself up in my curtains. Dogs. He despises bath-time, getting dressed or having his diaper changed. Some things haven't changed since his newborn days.

He is exactly how I pictured he would be. Gentle, sweet, laid back. When I was pregnant with him I would often worry that he didn't kick a lot but I'm sure he was just sleeping. He loves to sleep and he still gets about 12-14 hours of it every night.

Happy birthday precious little boy! Our family is so much better with you apart of it :)

5 comments:

  1. Girl - enjoy every single moment. Your words choked me up. I remember those first birthdays. Time is gone in a flash. This week I went with my son to look at engagement rings. Talk about choking up!!! I'll be posting about it soon - when it's not a secret. Oh wait, did I just reveal the secret. Shhhhh - mums the word. Linking up at Finding Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a sweet post! Weston was and is so adorable. Happy birthday Weston!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet post! :) Stopping by from Finding Joy... My daughter just turned 1 too, so I know that first birthdays are bittersweet... Your family is adorable too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your sweet boy! I love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! Man... I have bald babies!

    ReplyDelete