Oct 24, 2011

priorities

Life is so non stop when you have little ones. It's wonderful. I would never change it. I think I say it almost every day, that I'm so glad we have our boys and there is nothing I would rather be doing right now. 
Sometimes I find myself wishing for the boys to reach certain ages and wishing we had more time for ministry opportunities. I feel like I want everything now.. but God has been teaching me lately to just be still and content in this season. Thats a hard thing for me. I've grown up in the church and have been involved in so many things for most of my life and now that I have my babies it's hard for me to feel okay with just being home with them, but I feel like God is saying it is, that He wants me to slow down and just enjoy their little years. Still, it's like having to rewire my brain and know that God is still happy with me even when I'm not doing more. I know that was wrong thinking.

Ben and I were able to have a little coffee date the other night. It wasn't planned or anything but it was wonderful getting to talk to my husband for an hour. 


These are the things we talked about. He was feeling anxious about our involvement in church and planning for the future and we both agreed to reset our goals and let our family be our main focus right now. It's like a weight was lifted off my shoulders and I love being in agreement with my husband in this. He is my rock.

This time that my boys are little is going to pass before I know it. I'm sure it's a huge part of why I have this blog and why I take so many pictures of everything they do. I want to record every detail, every milestone and every memory so I can remember it all when they are grown. I don't want to look back and wish I had spent more time with them.

2 comments:

  1. I think you and I are totally on the same page about what is important to us. I'm so thankful to be a stay at home mom! When I was working I always felt like I was missing stuff..It made me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful too! It would be really hard for me, as I'm sure it is for so many moms, if I had to work.

    ReplyDelete