Mar 25, 2011

day 9- something you're proud of in the past few days - getting into my pre-pregnancy jeans! I wish I was one of those women that lose their baby weight right away but I'm not. I have to really really work at it. It took 9 months with kingston and probably by the time I'm done almost 5 with Weston. I don't think I could do any better than that. I was really careful not to gain a lot during my pregnancy with Weston.


Exactly one year ago today I found out I was expecting again :) What a surprise that was! Ben had asked me to just go get a test for a few days and stop worrying about it but I didn't want to waste the money. He went to work that morning and I loaded up our 15 month old and headed to the drug store. I felt somewhat embarrassed to be buying a test with such a young baby on my hip but what can you do? When I got home I took the test and actually forgot about it for a little while b/c I was busy with kingston. When I came back I saw that second blue line clear as day, it wasn't remotely faint, it was blue as could be. All I remember is feeling so overwhelmed I sat on the floor and started crying. I wasn't sad I'm just the type of person that plans everything and I really was not expecting this at all. Kingston came and patted me on the back and of course I started laughing. I remember jokingly telling Shelly that all I had to do was not get pregnant this month and I wouldn't have a third December birthday. Well God has a sense of humor I supposed because my due date was 3 days from Kingston due date. Fortunately Weston was early and Kingston was late so there is some what of a birthday gap.


Anyway, I called my sister first and told her in tears. She was excited. Then I called Lisa, she was shocked haha. I just felt like I needed everyone to tell me it was going to be okay. I texted Ben and said I'd meet him at geico for lunch. I put two positive test's in the diaper bag and when he got in the car I told him I had a surprise for him. He opened it and got the biggest smile. He was ecstatic...and then after about a week when the news had finally settled with us (mainly me) we shared with our family.

Then for months I had to answer the nagging question everyone feels compelled to ask "was this planned?" to which I always responded "yes!". God planned this perfect beautiful little addition to our family and I'm so thankful that He knows me better than I know myself and what gifts to give me at just the right time and so here I sit today, exactly one year later next to my precious 4 month old baby boy, Weston Cole :)

2 comments:

  1. You look great! I don't think I'll ever be able to fit into my skinny jeans again. My hips are too wide now. Ha! But that's OK.

    Your story about Weston is so sweet. :D

    ReplyDelete