Mar 28, 2011

Transitions

day 12- how you found out about blogger and why you have one - probably from my friend, Melissa but I'm not sure. I made one when I was pregnant with Kingston and have been blogging since.

Both boys did great this weekend as far as the room transition goes. Kingston went right to sleep both nights in his little toddler bed in our room and I decided to put a few tsp of cereal in Weston's bottle since he did not like it from the spoon and he slept over 12 hours two nights in a row in the nursery. I'm hoping if he can keep this up I'll be able to move Kingston back in there with Weston maybe in the next few weeks :)

I knew Weston was getting ready for a schedule change. For about a week he hadn't been wanting to eat on time or sleep when he normally does. On Saturday when he woke up at 8:30 I decided to try a 4 hour schedule with him and see how he did. Since he's older now he can stand a little more wake time. I gave him an extra ounce at each feeding and dropped a feeding. So he is now having 7oz 4 times a day. I feel like this is all new to me since I nursed Kingston until almost 6 months and went right to 8oz bottles. I've asked other moms who formula feed their babies for advice but got lots of different answers so it's been trial and error. So this is what he has followed the last two days and I'm hoping he will continue.

8:00am Wake - bottle - play
10:00am - Nap
12:00pm - Wake - bottle - play
2:00pm - Nap
4:00pm - Wake - bottle - play
6:00pm - Short Nap
8:00pm - Bottle w/ cereal - Bedtime
(his routine has and always will leave room for flexibility. If Weston is hungry he is fed)
I also want to add that each time he goes down for a nap or bedtime he doesn't cry. I lay him down awake and he puts himself to sleep. Not bad for a 4 month old huh?

It's good for me to have this so if we have another baby I wont get discouraged during the newborn stage when it feels like nothing is working :/

No comments:

Post a Comment