Jun 13, 2010

boy or girl?

When your pregnant you get all kinds of unwanted advice. I've been trying to conceal the belly for as long as I can because it drove me crazy last time. So far no stranger has said anything but I've had lots of opinions on the sex of the baby from friends and family. I keep getting asked what I'm hoping for and I feel silly saying that I prefer one sex over another b/c what if the baby is the opposite of what I prefer? I haven't let myself go there because last time I really thought I wanted a girl and was wrong because I'm completely in love with a stinky little boy.

I guess we'll find out soon enough...6 days to be exact and thats if the baby cooperates. We have names picked. I actually like the boys name better, but the name we have for a girl is very fitting if it turns out that way.

If it's a boy it will makes things easier in a sense. I am going to try and keep the nursery the same, I have clothes for that season and kingston will have a brother. If it's a girl everything will be new, it's going to be more expensive but I'm sure a lot of fun and I'll have one of each.

God knows what will fit our family best...but I'm really starting to wonder what that is :)

4 comments:

  1. I always knew growing up that my dad had wanted a boy, so I felt a little disappointing. At the same time, my mom said she never wanted a boy. At least I had that. :) I decided that I'd never say if I had a preference, but, as it turns out, I really don't care either way. Everyone always asks still. :) And everyone keeps saying that they think I'm having a boy, and part of me thinks so too. Like you, though, I don't want to get emotionally invested in it being a boy because what if it is a girl? Then I'll have to re-think everything. Ahh! But a girl would be so much fun too! So whatevs. :)

    I'm not looking forward to unwanted advice either. Someone kept pressing me about my diet and I wanted to say, "Look, I'm probably eating crappy, but it's all I can do to actually eat anything at all at this point." Err. And I get, "Everything is going to change" a lot too. Yeah, I'm counting on it. We wanted it to change: that's why we planned this in the first place. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes! We are expecting a girl now and I understand completely what you are saying! It is all new....fun...yep and expensive! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just feel so excited either way. I think I'm going to be shocked no matter the outcome. I still can't believe I'm pregnant LOL

    Congrats Nichole!

    ReplyDelete